Does Facebook advertising work for small businesses?
Facebook has become a global network nowadays for people to interact together and share business. Over 2.2 billion people are using Facebook worldwide. For obvious reasons, businesses worldwide want to use Facebook to promote their products and services. You must have heard from consultants, marketing experts that Facebook ads are crucial for a marketing campaign. Many websites also provide benefits of Facebook ads in the growth of your business. Facebook is a powerful content marketing tool for small business owners.
But many small businesses claim that Facebook ads haven’t proven beneficial for them. 62% of the businesses that invest in Facebook ads feel that their paid Facebook ads cannot give satisfactory results. This isn’t good for small businesses because no one wants to waste money on the ads that don’t benefit.
Why not every small business benefit from Facebook ads?
The potential of Facebook ads for small businesses is very high, but not every company can use them for their betterment. It’s upon you to decide whether your business requires promotion through Facebook ads or not. You should consider the specifics of your business before investing in Facebook ads.
The second characteristic is Clear reporting.
One of the most interesting things about Facebook is that it has a variety of key performance indicators or KPI metrics that can help you access your ad campaigns’ engagement rates. They include:
- cost per click
- Total spend
- Click-through rate (CTR)
By showing each action’s cost pretty clearly, Facebook makes the task of measuring the KPIs easy for you. You can understand on your own if your campaigns are getting good KPIs. If you know click-through rate and cost per action, it becomes easy for you to figure out how much cost it requires to improve website traffic to your main page or compel people to subscribe to the email list.
All in all, Facebook can work for small businesses if smart strategies are applied. Otherwise, you may end up losing money. If you want to make the just use of Facebook advertising, reach out to us. We can help you make better use of Facebook ads to increase your business growth and find potential customers.
Then again, there are three situations in which using Facebook ads to promote your business might fail:
- Your target audience is not using Facebook: Some people do not use Facebook. Suppose your target audience is the older generation of business professionals who don’t want to see any business ads on their profile. In that case, you can’t expect your business to grow through Facebook ads.
- You are scaling up in a great way: If your target audience is a small niche, it may cost you much money to attract more customers. After you have attracted the target audience, you need to boost Facebook ads that may cost you even more money.
- You haven’t defined your target audience: Facebook ads primarily work on the principle of targeting the relevant audience. If you are not clear about who your target audience is, then it is advisable not to use Facebook ads at first and try to do some business research.
Some other reasons that cause small business owners to experience losses while using Facebook ads are:
- Many business owners lack the understanding of basic knowledge of content marketing.
- They are not following any strategy or plan and don’t have any measurement system to measure their performance.
- Some businesses are not able to invest enough time to set up their Facebook ads properly. All they do is invest or spend an hour a week on their Facebook marketing efforts.
- Sometimes, the money invested by business owners is not enough.
- Since Facebook ads work on the method of targeting its audience, most of the people make a mistake here. They do not target the right audience.
- Business owners try to attract customers without even socializing with them or providing them good content. They don’t engage with the online community.
- Many forget that Facebook itself is a business. They do not trust Facebook at the very start of an Ad campaign even before seeing any results.
But it is proved by results that Facebook ads work for all types of small and large businesses. It only depends upon your way to approach Facebook. If you treat it like a business partner, it will surely give you good results. Our experts at NXT LVL ROI Business Consulting Services provide you all basic knowledge of creating content for Facebook ads and help you to set up and measure its results.
What makes Facebook ads effective for small businesses?
When you look for marketing channels for your small businesses, there are many marketing channels out there. Some of them are:
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Social Media posts
Facebook is a social media posts type marketing channel. But you must be thinking of why Facebook ads are worth your time? Facebook ads have two major characteristics that make them unique and better than other marketing channels. These characteristics also make the most effective for small businesses.
The first characteristic is Targeting.
As said above, Facebook works on Targeting a particular audience for your business. Using Facebook for small businesses, you can target audience on the basis of:
- Language: The languages that they speak
- Age: Their age
- Location: Based on their country, state, city, and zip code
- Interests: Their interests, posts they like, pages they follow, topics related to interests and interests of their friends
- Retargeting: Using a tracking pixel that can track activities of people that they do on your Website
- Device: The device your audience is using to access your Website, i.e., mobile, desktop, and tablet.
- Custom Audiences: Email addresses uploaded by you for targeting
The targeting means that you don’t waste your marketing budget and time on the people who will never be interested in your products and services. It helps you cut through the noise Audience to deliver your products and services only to the highly targeted people interested in your content.
At NXT LVL ROI Business Consulting Services, Our Expertise Resides Within These 3 Core Foundational Services:
Even though the above 3 core services is what our agency & consulting firm is about, we offer several other ancillary services below. Whatever your business or professional needs our, we’re your one stop shop consulting firm to discover & deploy proven solutions to you and your business.